5.7.07

volta

I am always looking for words that have some sort of energy. Usually the name just comes, from a magazine or somebody says something. I had waited for years while working on the album but it didn't come. In the lyrics there are words like "voltage" and "voodoo", which I found to be too common somehow.
I have always tried to choose titles which are kind of latin or something, which aren't english, which is a little funny because we europeans find latin to be sort of neutral language... But I found Volta... I don't recall how it came about, but I Googled it and found that it is both the name of a scientist in Italy who invented the battery and also a river in Africa which had been built by men and a lagoon built by men called Lake Volta So several parts come into it I'm not going to name anything specific, people can guess for themselves what it is There is also a mideval dance with carries that name, a very funny dance which is very hard to learn Thusly, I got a lot of things in one word: a dance, a river in Africa which doesn't work anymore, and the battery So okay - this fits.